Friday, January 28, 2011

Busy busy week.

Hello all,

Well, this has been a very busy week, but it's finally Friday! Hooray! And, I got to write again today so I'm in a very good mood. I'm about thirty thousand words into my most recent novelization and I think it's coming along pretty well. Still, I'm not sure if this one is up to my standards, so I might not try to publish it. That doesn't matter though. The point is I'm having lots of fun writing it and it's keeping my creativity active. Also, I'm learning a lot about writing in first person. I think I will put a section of it up on the blog here when I get to a good stopping point, but until then, I'll just keep writing on it in my free time. This is the same one I mentioned before, the dark fantasy story. (I haven't come up with a title yet. Titles usually come to me after the book is finished.)

In other news, I auditioned for the church band and managed to get a singing position. I'll also be joining the choir this coming summer. I'm looking very forward to it. I love singing and if I can praise God with one of my talents, then excellent. It'll also be a good opportunity for me to help out at the church and meet some new people as well. I was pretty nervous about the audition at first because it's been a long time since I've tried out for that sort of thing. Still, it sounds like they needed another soprano, so it worked out perfectly.

I also had a doctor's appointment this week that went pretty well. I was having a few problems and was a little worried, but it turned out, thankfully, to be nothing unusual. Thank goodness. So, now that my house is clean, the audition is over, the doctor's appointment went well, and I've gotten some writing done, I can officially say that this has been a good week. I think the weekend will be good as well, but it's going to be just as busy. Tonight is a gaming night, tomorrow I celebrate two birthdays, and on Sunday I got to church and celebrate a third birthday as well!

Well, that's it for now. I think next week I'll put up a writing sample from some of my old work for a blog entry. I hope you'll enjoy it. Keep reading and writing and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment