Monday, February 25, 2013

Very Soon

This is just a general update since I've been kind of quiet lately.  Things over here are pretty good right now. I don't have gestational diabetes...HOORAY!  The baby is getting very big, but I'm not getting too big which is nice.  I've only gained eighteen pounds so far, which is right in between the weight gain goal that the doctors set for me.  Joel has really been working hard and has the nursery looking great.  The painting is done, now the only thing left to do is cleaning the carpet very thoroughly and moving the furniture into the room.  I'm getting excited about actually decorating it with the things we got from the first baby shower.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but the first baby shower with my guy and girl friends went very well and couldn't have been any better.  I really enjoyed it and we have a great start on supplies for the baby.  The group was a little smaller than expected, but I think that worked out just fine.  We had plenty of food and I think it was a lot of fun for everyone there.  It was more like a cookout/party than a traditional baby shower, and I liked that better since there were men there as well as women.

The second baby shower is coming up.  This one is for "girls only" and is more traditional.  It sounds like I'm going to get to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a very long time, and I'm very excited about that.  There are a lot of good things coming up in the next two months including, my mother-in-law's birthday, the baby shower, my birthday (I'll be thirty-one), my anniversary, and, of course, the baby's first birthday ever.  I can't wait to meet her and to see what she's going to look like and what features she's going to get from both of us.

The writing is going a little bit better.  I've decided to switch projects back to my horror novel concept that I wrote about previously.  (I'm pretty sure that there's an excerpt from it on this site, if anyone is interested.)  I've come up with some new ideas and I think if I keep writing up ideas and adding to it little by little each day, I should be able to finish it and hopefully overcome my writer's block.  It would be very nice to have another book to submit to agents before the baby is born.

I looked through a lot of my old work and found that I have a great deal of novels that I'd like to finish.  The horror novel I'm referring to is one of them (I'm calling it "Immersion" as a placeholder, but that isn't what the title is going to be...).  The other is my steampunk romance, "The Guildsmen."

Even though I didn't originally write that to be a romance, I've determined from reading through it again that it seems to have a romance oriented plot, despite the corporate espionage, action/adventure, and danger within it.  After all, she's doing what she has to in order to save the person she loves.  Still, I'm not sure if there are enough erotic scenes to market it as such, so we'll have to wait and see.  The point it, I want to finish it and I plan to do so in the near future as well.  I was all the way up to nearly forty-thousand words when I stopped and a hundred and twenty pages.  I was halfway there and I feel like the writing style and concept were well worth revisiting.

So, that's been about it lately.  There's a lot coming up and I'll try to keep you posted and write on this blog more often.  Keep reading and writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment