Monday, January 18, 2010

Back in Business...

Well, I've finally gotten officially back into my writing work. Today I sent two more agent letters to the agencies that I sent the epic tome to last year. I have a much better feeling about it this time. Now that the novel is a manageable length, I think that I'll at least get a few more hits and hopefully this time some form of feedback. Wish me luck.

I'm also feeling like writing again after what feels like months of having writer's block. I've picked up one of my old novels and am in the process of finishing it. Oddly, this novel is older than "Eternity Game," but takes place in the future time line of my novel series set in Cimmerian City. It's a story about a group of teenagers with psychic powers (pyrokinesis, telekinesis, aura reading, etc.) who are tricked into becoming runners for a corporation. While they're training they come across some of the corporation's dirty secrets and are forced to choose between loyalty to the company or the desire to bring it to justice. It concludes with a fight between the entity the corporation accidentally unleashed, the crazed teachers that were training the children, and the children themselves. I'm pleased with my progress so far and I think I should be done within three months at the longest.

As far as new years resolutions go, I think I'm off to a pretty good start. I'm back to exercising nearly an hour each day again and eating healthier foods, I've only missed one Sunday of church (totally by accident), and I'm working on completing this novel and sending agent letters. I did sleep in this morning, but that wasn't entirely my fault, and for the most part I'm sticking to the "staying up in the morning" resolution very well.

Well, I'm off to send more agent letters and to write a time-line of the final scene of "Extraordinary" (the mind power story). Wish me luck and please be praying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment