Friday, July 16, 2010

Things Are Coming Together

Well, I'm almost done with my World of Warcraft story. I should be done sometime next week, so it looks like I'll definitely be done by the deadline. Hooray. Then, it'll be back to working on the novel again, and potentially working on another short story or two for various anthologies. I'll have to check Ralan for the latest information.

Speaking of World of Warcraft, I'm also glad to say that I finally have a character that is nearly level sixty. It took me long enough to get there, but I'm glad to have finally made it. It's odd, the ending levels for the original game are oddly deserted. Not that I'm complaining. It's been mostly like my Husband and I are the only ones in the Western Plaguelands. Still, we're getting ready to jump the Dark Portal for the first time. Wish us luck. I'm excited about it. Also, now that we have a high level character, we should be able to buy the Northrend Expansion. I'm hoping to see most of what there is to see before the game changes with the upcoming Expansion. I'm very excited about that since the entire game will probably change a great deal, including the old areas.

Also, I'm glad to say that I've decided to start painting again. There are lots of things I want to do to better myself, and I'm finally managing my time well enough to do a few of them. I've started sketching a design onto a canvas that I've wanted to paint for a while. It was a scene based on a Victorian poem I read in college called, "Goblin Market." The drawing I made based on the poem is one of my best, but I have always wanted to actually paint it. So, that'll be a little project I can work on mostly next week.

Also, hopefully with the new Rock Band game coming out soon I'll finally make some progress on my keyboard. (The new game is supposed to actually teach you how to play all of the instruments.) I'm trying to learn piano, but I've always had trouble with musical instruments. Mostly it's staying motivated. I'm going to try to pick that up again soon and hopefully that silly game will help a little too once it comes out. Still, one thing at a time, starting with the painting.

I guess that's all that's new for now. Hopefully next week I'll have a review of "Skeleton Crew." Also, hopefully, I'll get to see another movie soon and will be able to write a review for either "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" or "Airbender."

No comments:

Post a Comment