Tuesday, June 26, 2012

On Schedule

I'm pleased to say that somehow, last week at least, I managed to stay on schedule.  I finished a template for my business cards and ordered five hundred.  I also finished the website and published it (http://www.nancygray.net).

I do plan to add some pictures to the website eventually, possibly some from Dragoncon.  We'll see.  In the meantime, it's mostly just written information but I think it turned out well.  What I need to do is get a better picture of myself.  It would be even better if I could get one professionally made.  Maybe when the money is there...

My last goal before Dragoncon is to finish my book.  I think I'm well on the way towards doing that.  I've written 75,000 words and have about three chapters to go.  It might be a little longer than I anticipated, but not much.  I've also started the notes for the second book.  I usually write a couple of pages worth before I go to bed.

I'm getting very excited about my fourth of July beach trip.  I can hardly wait.  It'll feel very nice to get out of town and relax, especially after achieving so many of my goals.  Sometimes, just a change of scenery can do wonders for creativity and renewed energy.  

The only thing that would make it better would be to finish the book before I leave Sunday, but I don't think that will happen.  I'm certainly not going to rush it.  Still, other than cleaning up the house, that's my last goal.  I plan to work on it this week at the very least.

I probably won't get to write to you next week since I'll be out of town from Sunday to Sunday, though I might tweet a little.  So, have a happy Independence Day!  I'm confident that mine will be very nice and I hope yours is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment