Thursday, July 26, 2012

Great News and Great Progress

Did I mention that my husband is the best?  I think I tweeted something like that.  If you'll recall, I didn't think I was going to get to attend any of the writing workshops at DragonCon because of the fact that I wouldn't have the money.  Well, as things turned out, as I voiced my concerns to my husband one evening when we were looking at the events at DragonCon, and he offered to pay for it.  He told me that he thought the writing workshop would be an opportunity that I shouldn't pass up, so if there were any spots left he would pay for me to go.  I was lucky.  Out of the twenty spots available there were a few left, so I'm going to go to a two day writing workshop being taught by Jody Lynn Nye, Todd McCaffrey, David Gerrold and Toni Weisskopf.  I'm so excited I could burst.  And, that's not all.  Jody Lynn Nye is going to critique the first 7,000 words of Blood Rain. 

I'm working very hard to try to network now.  I think I have a book that people will enjoy that is better than the others that I've written.  I can definitely tell that my style and grammar have improved as well.  I've decided that I'm going to also try to join my local NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) group and try to contact some local authors.  I definitely could use the support.  Sometimes, I feel like I'm on a little island by myself waving to passing ships that are too busy to look at me.  It seems, I need to make a little extra effort to swim out to them, so that's what I'm going to do.

Today, I also finished my notes for "Blood Moon," the second in the fantasy series that I'm working on right now.  I probably will start writing on it next Monday.  I have a feeling that this book will be better than the first.  When I'm done with this series, I think I might try my hand at some Urban Fantasy.  Many of the books I've read recently are Urban Fantasy, and it might be nice to give something like that a try.  Still, I'm trying to take things one day at a time, so I'll probably be working on "Blood Moon" for the next month or two and then finish off the trilogy with "Cold Blood" after a short break.  Wish me luck.  Keep reading and writing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment