Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So close to sending query letters...

Hello all,

I know I promised an amusing book review, but I'm not quite done with the last one of the series yet, so it'll have to wait.  In the meantime, I thought I would blog a quick update about what's new. 

First of all, I finished making the changes on "Blood Rain" and am almost done with a one page synopsis.  I feel better about this synopsis since it focuses on the main plot and seems to flow pretty well.  We'll see, though.  I think it still needs a little work, so I'm going to run it by my friends who have read the book and those who haven't. 

I still have a good feeling about "Blood Rain."  I might even be able to start submitting my query letter to agents early next week.  That would be nice.  Either way, I need to hear the opinions of my test readers first to make sure the changes I've made are adequate.  Once I've submitted it to as many agents as I can that are into young adult fantasy stories, then I'll probably finish up book two.  If I work on book two again soon enough, I really might be able to finish it before NaNoWriMo and then work on book three during that time.  Wish me luck.

No luck on the Tron costumes for the Halloween party.  Long story short, we've run out of time to order a costume, try it on, and then send it back if it doesn't fit.  Also, none of the Halloween stores around here are selling them this year.  Ideas that I'm throwing around now are Sweeny Todd and Mrs. Lovett, Luigi from Luigi's mansion and a ghost, or a zombie bride and groom.  Still, I'm trying to be flexible.  We still have a little time to buy a costume, so we'll probably go shopping this weekend.  I'll figure something out even if I have to recycle a costume from a previous year.  Still, I'd rather get a cheap new one if possible.

Looking forward to Halloween as always.  I've got lots of fun things coming up.  There's my a birthday party for one of my friends, Rifftrax Live, the Doobie Brothers in concert at the fair (I grew up listening to the Doobie Brothers, and I haven't been to the fair in years), and my Halloween Party.  I'm also planning to cook up some new treats this year such as caramel coated apples, deviled eggs, and two new flavors of punch.  Totally psyched.  :-D

Anyway, I should have that review for you by the end of the week or the beginning of next week.  In the meantime, I'll be writing, proofing, and sending query letters.  I also have a surprise to announce later this week.  I might send something out about that tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment