Thursday, October 4, 2012

Surprise! I'm pregnant.

Well, I promised to blog about the "surprise" so here it goes.  I'm pregnant and am almost done with my first trimester. 

After the unfortunate incident with my first pregnancy, I was trying to wait to tell anyone the news.  That was incredibly difficult.  Still, I can spread the news now, so I will.  We're not out of the woods yet, but I still think the chances are better that this one will work out, especially now that the first trimester is nearly over.  Even if it doesn't, I'm not going to give up, but I'm hoping and praying that everything will go smoothly this time.  We don't know the gender of the baby yet, but from what we saw on the ultrasound he or she certainly is active. 

Currently, we have a few names that we like for girls and boys, but we may end up changing our mind when the time comes.  Disclaimer: none of these names are after something/someone in particular.  They're just names that we've always liked.  Many of them were on the list years and years ago.  Any family names will probably be middle names and we have a few ideas for those, but that will be a surprise if we decide to do it.  Our current favorite first names for boys are, "Christian", "Nicholas," "Roman," "Skylar," "Caleb," and "Abel."  The current favorite girl names are, "Evangeline," "Lydia," "Ariel," "Gabrielle," and "Alyssa." 

Truthfully, we've had more trouble thinking of names for girls than boys for some reason.  Evangeline and Lydia are my two top choices for a girl for now.  As for the boys, I like all of those names, but we have some time to think about it since we won't know the gender until another ten weeks.

Anyway, that's the big news.  Please be praying for me.  I'm allowing myself to be excited now.  Seeing that baby move was amazing and he/she is beautiful.  I'm very, very happy, and truthfully a little bit nervous.  Still, I think I'm ready for this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment