Thursday, August 13, 2009

Finally Getting it Together...

It's taken me a while, but I think I'm finally getting it together. I've lost about eight pounds over the last few weeks by exercising about forty minutes each day, eating healthier foods, and eating fewer portions (something I plan to keep up). I've also been getting better about finishing most of my house work early in the week so I have the rest of the week to write and relax. Now, I just have do defeat my arch nemesis, early morning laziness.

I hate mornings. I also hate waking up from a dream and getting no conclusion to it. It makes me feel unfulfilled somehow. So, I'm ashamed to admit, after Joel goes to work I usually go back to sleep. I try to make up for it with extra housework, and I don't think he minds, but it just doesn't feel fair for me to get more sleep than he does. The problem is, I can't drink caffeine in the mornings anymore because I have a slight heart condition, and caffeine used to be the only thing that worked. I think I'll start making decaf coffee to try to fool myself and then eat a small breakfast right away too for energy. Wish me luck, because I will overcome this vice, even though I know I'm not going to like it.

This week has been pretty good. I finished the Weird Western story, "Murder at Rattler's Way" and turned it in a few days ago. If the anthology doesn't accept it, I'll post an excerpt from it on this blog. If they do, since they'll have electronic as well as print rights for a while, I probably won't, but I will point you to the website to get a copy. ;-) Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment