Monday, August 3, 2009

Bad Weekend but Good Writing News...

Sorry, but this time I have to rant just a little...

Joel and I had a very bad weekend this weekend. It starts with a small wreck at the Verizon store. We were involved in a fender bender in the parking lot. Even though we weren't at fault, the policeman blamed both parties simply because it was a situation where two people were backing out of a parking place. We have to pay the deductible to the insurance company until they're done with their own investigation. (I'm pretty sure they'll figure out the wreck wasn't our fault. The guy simply wasn't watching where he was going, but until then, we still are out about five hundred dollars.) That put us in a bad mood for the rest of Saturday.

Then, on Sunday, I got very sick either from food poisoning (curse you, O'Charlies!) or maybe from touching those cell phone models at the Verizon store. Either way I was sick all of yesterday, so it was for the best that none of our friends could come over this weekend, anyway. (But we were still kind of sad that we didn't get to see any of our friends.) And, today I'm not sure if I'm better or not. I still need to try to eat something to see if I'm going to be sick on it, especially since I skipped dinner last night. But, I really really don't want to.

I have to think of the positives, though. At least the wreck was a fender bender and nothing where either party got hurt. I got to watch a lot of cool television shows and relax this weekend. Church itself was fun, and going to O'Charlies after church was nice, and the food was good. I'm thinking honestly it might have been a virus, but we'll see. And, Joel was very attentive and took very good care of me.

There is also some very good news that happened at the end of last night. One of the agents decided they liked my concept enough to ask for the first fifty pages of the manuscript and a synopsis based only on the query letter. Even though they didn't ask for the whole manuscript, this tells me that the query letter is good enough to get some attention. It's enough to make me feel really good about the future. If the query letter is good, eventually someone will ask for the entire book, and the book can speak for itself. I don't know when I'll get published, but I'm confident that I will. Please be praying for me and wishing me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment