Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Writer's Block

Here we are in the second week of writer's block. Even though I said I was going to try to write something new last week, it never came to me. Every single time I sit down on the computer expecting to write something, nothing is what comes to me. Oh well. There isn't much I can do. For some reason, all of my other projects that don't involve writing a story come along nicely during this time, so I'll use this time as a break from writing and to work on my other projects.

I don't take enough breaks anyway. Since I work at home usually after my chores for the day I have some spare time, but I take things so seriously I won't sit down to take a break. Who knows without my writing and with more free time, maybe I'll even play some video games or pick up another book to read. Either way, the longest bit of writer's block I ever had lasted about two months. Usually when this happens, it's more like two weeks.

Wish me luck. I know I'll get through this, it's just very frustrating. It's usually not a good idea to try to force creativity, so I'll do what I can when I feel inspired again. In the meantime, I'll keep writing on my blog and I think for once I might actually visit some web forums. That's something I've never really gotten into on the internet, but I hear it's pretty fun. I'll let you know which ones I decide to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment